Friday, January 20, 2012

Bus Trip

AHHHHHH!!!!!

I rode in a double decker bus for the very first time today!!! Of course, it was freezing, but I risked a little bit of frostbite in the name of getting better pictures. The things I do for aesthetics....oh well.

The school paid for the entirety of the International students at University of Limerick to all go on this massive tour bus and take a tour of some of the historical places in Limerick. So cool. The pictures I took are all above this post. Yes, right there ^. If you can't see them very well, you can make them bigger at my flickr account on www.flickr.com/photos/WalktheNight.  The architecture is absolutely gorgeous, and it's amazing to think that most of these buildings are older than my country. -_-

But anyway. While the buildings are really cool, it's the history behind them that is truly amazing. One building directly beside the army barracks still had bullet holes from where they fired on the soldiers who had holed up in the barracks next door. Truly one of the coolest things I have ever seen.

Tonight, we foreigners have a "Speed Dating" style event hosted by the International Society of the school that will allow us to meet a bunch of the other international students and maybe make some friends while we're here. That's actually where I'm off to right now, so I'll try to update tomorrow with some new pictures and a tale of how that went.

As always, if you have any comments, questions, concerns or witty commentary, let me know!

Best,
Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment