Thursday, August 25, 2011

Gleek It Out

So, yesterday was my youngest sister's 14th birthday. Not really a big one, but I don't spend a whole lot of time with her, so I decided to do something special for her birthday. She's been aching to go see the Glee 3D Concert Movie since it came out in theaters, and I was just as anxious to go see it, so I thought it would be a good idea for us to spend some quality time together. Glee is one of the only things that we have in common, as she is more of a social butterfly where I am a book-smart nerd.

Despite our differences, Glee has brought us together, if only for an hour sitting in front of the television. The reason that I love Glee is because it teaches you that you have to accept and love who you are, no matter what you look like, who you love, or what you believe. It's one of the few shows out there that will tell you that you're beautiful, no matter how society looks at you. (She watches it for the hot guys, but who doesn't? lol)


So even if you're not a Gleek like me, I think that you should at least give it a chance, because it may change the way that you look at yourself, give you some more self-confidence. That's why I love being a Gleek. What's your reason? Gleek it out, everybody, cuz in the words of Lady Gaga, you were born this way, baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment