Saturday, August 13, 2011

Super Cute

My parents both fell asleep while watching TV on the couch, and they are now snoring in unison. I think it is adorable, but my version of cute differs from that of most people. My mom keeps kicking me, but otherwise it is really cute.

Well, my interview today went pretty well. It was actually pretty well, though it was my first time participating in a group interview. Basically, the interviewer sat down with us in their back room and asked us several questions, giving us each an opportunity to answer each question before moving on to the next one. After the Q and A portion, we were asked to look at a few of the displays in the store and write down what, if applicable, was wrong with the displays. We were then asked to pick out an outfit for a specific client. Mine was a 30 year old woman who was taking her infant daughter and 8 year old son to get pictures taken and needed clothing. I think I picked out a couple of cute outfits for each child and responded well to the questions, but I won't know for sure until next Thursday how it went.

The hiring manager said that he was going to hire one or two people out of our group of 5, so I'm crossing my fingers. I pretty much have a 50/50 chance, as one of the applicants showed up 15 minutes late for the interview. As anyone who has ever had an interview knows, this is a bigggg no-no. Being on time can often be considered to be late at some companies. The other three girls were about as equally qualified as me, so I'm not surehow I stack up. I had a good feeling, but I can't base anything on that.

In other news, I accepted the first job I was offered. I was supposed to go in to do paperwork tonight, but I went to go see my sister's dance recital and it kind of evolved into a minor family emergency. I didn't have any cell phone signal where I was, so I couldn't call in. I just hope the manager there understands. I'm sure she will, but it doesn't exactly look good on my part.

Poop. This stinks. Hope everything goes well tomorrow.
TTFN and Ta-Ta for Now

No comments:

Post a Comment